The Amnesic Incognito Live System or Tails is a Debian based Linux distribution aimed at preserving privacy and anonymity. Actually, it is the next iteration of development on the previous Gentoo based Incognito Linux distribution. All its outgoing connections are forced to go through Tor, and direct (non-anonymous) connections are blocked. The system is designed to be booted as a live CD or USB, and leaves no trace on the machine unless explicitly told to do so. The Tor Project has provided most of the financial support for development.
Tails is a live system that aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leave no trace using unless you ask it explicitly.
Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.
Read about how you can help improving Tails documentation.
- Why do you need anonymity?
- System requirements
- Can I hide the fact that I am using Tails?
- Trusting Tails
- First time user?
- Download the ISO image
- Verify the ISO image
- Burn a DVD or install onto a USB stick
- Stay tuned
- Start Tails!
- Installing onto a USB Stick (recommended)
- Upgrading a Tails USB Stick
- Start Tails
- Startup Options
- Introduction to GNOME and the Tails Desktop
- Report a bug
- Networking with NetworkManager
- Logging in to captive portals
- Controlling Tor with Vidalia
- Browsing the web with Iceweasel
- Chatting with Pidgin & OTR
- Using I2P
- Your data won’t be saved unless explicitly asked
- Type passwords securely on an untrusted computer
- Create and use encrypted volumes
- Encrypt, decrypt, sign, and verify text using OpenPGP and Tails gpgApplet
- Securely delete files and clean diskspace using Nautilus Wipe
- Manage passwords using KeePassX
quantOS, based on Linux Mint 11, is a hardened Linux distro for secure daily use. quantOS leverages AppArmor application security profiles, Arkose Desktop Application Sandboxing and Vidalia for creating secure Tor connections for enhanced privacy.
The DemocraKey was invented by Kirk, in response to government snooping and censorship in China and the United States. Six months later, he started DemocraKey.com to promote the DemocraKey and get help with his project.
Read more here.
kaos.theory’s Anonym.OS LiveCD is a bootable live cd based on OpenBSD that provides a hardened operating environment whereby all ingress traffic is denied and all egress traffic is automatically and transparently encrypted and/or anonymized.
Liberté Linux is a secure, lightweight, and easy to use Gentoo-based Linux distribution intended as a communication aid in hostile environments. Liberté installs on a USB key, and boots on any computer or laptop.
Gentoo Linux, a special flavor of Linux that can be automatically optimized and customized for just about any application or need. Extreme performance, configurability and a top-notch user and developer community are all hallmarks of the Gentoo experience. To learn more, read our about page.
Continue reading “anonimized run”